National Wealth Fund & Reserve Fund
Fund detailsThe Reserve Fund
- replaced the Stabilization Fund of the Russian Federation³
- the amount of the RF is limited to 10% of Russia's GDP³.
- is managing official reserves.
- assets under management: $132.63 billion¹
Reserve Fund Objectives
The objectives of the Reserve Fund are to ensure financing of the federal budget expenses and maintaining federal budget balance in case of decline of budget revenues from oil and gas³.
Reserve Fund Investments
The Reserve Fund may invest in following asset classes4:
- foreign debt securities issued by foreign governments, agencies, central banks, securities of international financial institutions;
- deposits in foreign banks and credit organizations;
- deposits and account balances with the Bank of Russia
National Wealth Fund
- also known as National Prosperity Fund or National Welfare Fund
- is a sovereign wealth fund.
- assets under management: $76.38 billion¹
Reserve Fund Investment
National Wealh Fund may invest in financial instruments eligible for the Reserve Fund and also in4:
- fixed income securities and equities of legal entities;
- shares in investment funds;
- deposits in Russian banks and credit organizations
Ilinka Str. 9,
1. Aggregate amount of the National wealth fund, Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation Website, 1 December 2008
2. Aggregate amount of the Reserve fund, Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation Website, 1 December 2008
3. Reserve Fund Mission, Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation Website
4. Generally Accepted Principles and Practices, IMF International Working Group of Sovereign Wealth Funds
Back to Sovereign Wealth Funds details