| Acronym: SIF
Assets under management: US$29bn¹ (€20bn²)
Headquarters: Paris, France
Strategic Investment Fund
(Fonds stratégique d'investissement)
The creation of a Strategic Investment Fund was announced
by French President, Nicolas Sarkozy on 20 November 2008¹.
SIF is a public limited company, subsidiary of Caisse des Dépôts,
with assets managed by Caisse des Dépôts¹.
Source of funds
Fund will start with €20 billion contributed by Caisse des Dépôts from its equity
(general section) and by the French State: €14 billion in securities and €6 billion in
Gilles Michel (former Executive Vice President of Citroën and member of
the PSA Peugeot Citroën Managing Board) is a Managing Director of SIF³.
- To support the development of small and medium-size businesses²
- To increase protection for the capital of strategic companies²
56 rue de Lille
1. Creation of the Strategic Investment Fund
, Caisse des Dépôts press release, 20
2. Strategic investment fund,
Speech by M. Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the Republic (excerpts), 20
3. Gilles Michel leaves the Group to head France's sovereign wealth fund , Press release, 19 December 2008
Last Updated: 17.01.2009
Sovereign Wealth Funds details